- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Election Day Volunteers Needed in Millbourne
A historic political struggle is happening in Millbourne. You may have ridden past Millbourne on the El. It is a very small municipality. It is only ten square blocks. Years ago, the departure of a Sears store left it saddled with a huge hole in its tax base.
But Millbourne is also one of the most diverse small communities in Delaware County. Imagine if ten square blocks of West Philly had the power to elect its own mayor and council. Imagine what could be accomplished.
For the first time in many decades, there is a diverse slate of viable candidates running for local office that looks like the community there. They face a family that, in my opinion, has run the town like their own business for decades.
A few volunteers in Millbourne on Tuesday could make all the difference. I urge you to help them out. If you are doing any electoral work, I urge you to coordinate with them. Their contact info is below.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Kramer
Date: Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Subject: solicitation for volunteers for Tuesday
Cc: Jeanette MacNeille
We are campaigning in Millbourne in a tight race to gain the Mayor's seat and a Democratic majority on Council, which would be a first in at least thirty years. We have a first rate team and we are running hard.
With your help, we can win in Millbourne on November 3rd. Could you contribute a couple of hours of your time on election day? We need greeters, one person to drive, and a couple of people to take leaflets around to counteract the inevitable last minute attacks. We would appreciate food donations. We would love to see you.
Please call 484-461-8107 and let us know if you can help.
Thank you very much! Vote Democratic on November 3rd.