- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Meet George Badey, 7th Dist Dem (+ Mummer) for Congress, + 2 views of AVI @ PFC Meetup Wed 7/11 (Free Parking!)
George Badey, Democrat for Congress in the 7th (Joe Sestak's old district) headlines July's Philly For Change Meetup. A native of South Philly who attended Penn Law on academic scholarships and who fought the good fight on the Gore legal team at Florida in 2000, Badey now chairs the over-achieving Radnor Democrats (who won their school board for the first time since the Civil War) and has earned folk hero status for leading the successful Save the Mummers campaign in the Bush financial collapse parade of 2008-2009. Badey also plays sax for the always-awesome Fralinger String Band. He sounds like a natural for PFC.
Badey faces famously incompetent Republican freshman Patrick Meehan in November.
Also of interest to YPP people will be two informed but different opinions of Mayor Michael Nutter's Actual Value Initiative (AVI). Explaining the mayor's position will be Nutter's Director of Legislative Affairs Lewis Rosman. Providing a presumably alternative view will be actvist and former Controller candidate Brett Mandel.
We'll also be toasting the Obamacare ruling and plotting future progressive actions in the city.
Philly For Change July Meetup is Wednesday July 11th at 7:00 at Fergie's, 1214 Sansom Street. Parking is FREE in Center City after 6:30.