- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Tom Corbett exhorts supporters to suppress Philadelphia's (African American?) vote: "Keep that down!"
Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Corbett crossed a line that wise politicians of both parties know to never cross. Before a roomful of apparent supporters, Corbett said:
“President Clinton is coming back into Pennsylvania on behalf of my opponent again. The President is coming in on Saturday. Mrs. Obama is coming in on Sunday or Monday….
I saw today that the Governor said yesterday that Bob Brady should resign as chairman of the Democratic committee of Philadelphia if he doesn’t get 50% turnout….
I don’t think he’s going to get 50%.
But we want to make sure that they don’t get 50%.
Keep that down.”
A friend sent this. She notes, appropriately, that trying to control who wins by trying to control who votes is antithetical to civilized society.
I'd add that the best way to combat such un-American tactics is by voting, and making sure your neighbors vote too.