- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Philadelphia Councilperson Joan Krajewski had a letter published in yesterday's Daily News calling for a new approach to collecting back taxes. She argues that
We need to make a deal with the people who owe the city $1.2 billion in back taxes by allowing them to come on down and pay their debt in exchange of waiving the interest and penalty during an amnesty program.
If we don't, who knows what is behind the curtain or trap door? It could be even more cuts in more city services, it could be more job layoffs, it could be a city bankrupted wishing we shoulda, woulda, coulda "made a deal."