- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
As our generation becomes more involved in the political process, smaller elections once considered irrelevant, are now holding more weight. In a state where all judges are elected, citizens must make a conscious effort to be aware of whom we put on the bench. Judges decide whether or not are libraries stay open, what the constitution means, what rights we have and a host of other issues that effect all facets of our lives.
I want to announce my support and alert everyone of a truly progressive judicial candidate for the Court of Common Pleas: Leon King. Leon King is the former Commissioner of the Philadelphia Prisons. King has been a champion on reentry programs and reducing recidivism. He has also defended our police officers as a Deputy City Solicitor and understands punishment is also a necessary component of the criminal justice system. Don’t let party insiders decide who runs our courts. Please check out Leonking.org for more criminal justice solutions and ways to become involved in the campaign.