- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Update on 311?
After trying to get through to the Water Department (so I can change a bank account on my auto-pay) for over 1/2 hour, and getting only a busy signal, I decided to call 311 to see if they might be able to help.
I've now been on hold at 311 for 10 minutes, and annoyingly, I keep getting cycled between some pleasant classical piano music and a loop of a ringing phone and a tape of someone assuring me that my call is important.
So, I'm just curious to know if my current death by a thousand 311 customer service recorded message loops is anomalous. Have others been using 311? How has it gone?