- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Vote for the Top 3 Legacies that Mayor Street and Outgoing Members of Council Should Leave Behind
In just under six months, a new Mayor will be elected, and three members of City Council, Mayor Street, and many of his politically appointed department heads will leave city government.
What are they going to do between now and then?
Philly for Change members have come up with some great ideas!
From making home ownership easier to making our city cleaner to making it easier for workers to form unions to improving local access to healthcare, we have some great ideas we hope to get Mayor Street to adopt before his term is up.
Check them out and vote for your top 3 by clicking here.
The online vote will be tabulated next week, our steering committee will make sure the proposals meet our basic criteria, and the winners will be announced at our annual Progressive Picnic on July 29th.
We’ll then work through the rest of the year to get our ideas accomplished before Mayor Street leaves office.
Use the comment sections below to talk more about specific ideas. I will be emailing all of the authors of these ideas and asking them to read this post and respond to questions people might have.
Remember, Philly for Change is only going able to be able to work on a few of these ideas. That’s why the online vote is so important—we want to know what our members and supporters are most enthusiastic about, and thus most likely to help out on.
That’s why, if you authored an idea, you should also use this post as a way to champion your idea!
Check out the ideas and vote here: http://www.pafordemocracy.com/pfc_legacy_vote